Saturday, August 2, 2008

School letter

I received the yearly letter from my superintendent yesterday. This is the form letter that all employees of the district receive before the school year begins. The letters I have received over the years from various districts are always on a positive, slightly humorous and "we are going to conquer the world" note. These letters have never had their intended purpose on me. They descend me into a cloud of denial and depression. "The summer went too quickly", "I don't want to go back", "You can't make me go back!" Yes, I become whiney, emotional, depressed --kind of like that teenage mode where you don't want to do anything that you don't want to do.

But because I am an adult, let me just say, Yes, I know I have to go back. Yes, I am thankful I have this job. Yes, I love my principal who is also a good friend. I am blessed. I know this. But for now all I can think of is NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

That is my tantrum for the day. You can be assured there will be more to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you feel. I would say NOOOOOO too. Summer goes to fast.
My cousin's wife, started back to
school July 30th. The kids start back this Tuesday, Aug. 5th. This
is in Georgia. My cousin's wife was not/is not ready for school.
Donna, I sent you a note earlier today. Take care, Donna.
Remember I love you and God does
too. :) Donna Altman