Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Chuy's

I promised I would tell you all about Chuy's. It has to be my all time favorite Mexican food restaurant and believe me, I have tried more than I would like to say. Chuy's is not just about the Mexican food, it has ambiance. Ambiance being velvet Elvis paintings, hanging hubcaps from the ceiling, metal palm trees, old tables from the 50's, and those plastic covered booths. As you can see I am a girl who likes fancy atmosphere. We started going to the Chuy's that was just down the street from my kids school in Austin. Lots of students went there after school and between sporting events, so it was a fun hang-out. Then we started meeting friends there and pretty soon, it was our place. They knew our order before we sat down, we knew the wait staff, and we had bought just about every Chuy's t-shirt they sell. Chuy's became famous when one of the Bush daughter's was having a little too much fun while she was underage, so it got national press. Phil and I have even seen Sandra Bullock in our Chuy's. Yes, it is that good! We recently found they have one in Dallas on Knox Henderson Road. It is decorated the same and has the same great food. So, if you are ever in Austin or Dallas, go to Chuy's. Be sure to order the Creamy Jalepeno dip (it comes free and is better than their hot sauce). It is yummy with their chips. I always order either the appetizer plate or the Chicken Chuychanga with Deluxe Tomatillo sauce. We always bring back an order of dip with us to enjoy at home. It never lasts more than a few hours and we have been known to eat it on the way home. We are pitiful, but we love our Chuy's!

3 comments:

Tammy M. said...

Can I just say...."YUM!!!"

AbbieCRAZY said...

When, oh, when, do I get to eat there??!! You talk about it all the time and, yet, I've never had it!

Abbie says she loves your blog cause it's pink! (She said it with an exclamtion point.)

Anne said...

Hope it's okay for me to drop by your little corner of the bloggy-world from time to time :)